::: POLICIES AND REGULATIONS:::
The mission of "Elizabeth’s Cakes” is to offer the service of baking and customizing cakes following the client’s orders under the following policies and regulations.
Placing an Order
1) The time frame in which we require to place a special order depends on the size and complexity of the design. Please be advised that a variety of sizes and designs require more than a 3 to 4 day, while others require less time. (Review Changes and Cancellation Policies) All wedding cake orders require more time and attention, and are to be placed with sufficient amount of time.
2) Depending on the shape and design of the cake, the client will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of fillings and flavors. All sheet cakes are single layered, therefore have no filling.
3) Intense color frostings used as background (Black, Red, Hot Pink may have a sour taste compared to the same flavor in other colors.
4) In the event that the client brings in their own design; there is not a 100% guarantee that the design will look exactly like the item brought in. When placing an order, the client will be notified, and if agreed upon, the order will be processed and completed.
5) The cake will not look exactly as the picture when the client orders different kind of frosting.
6) Pricing is based on the size and design of the cake. Based on the design, depends on whether or not there is a design charge. Basic decoration in icing is of no charge, and is as follows: simple dots, swirls, scrolls, horseshoes, diamond design, and simple flowers. Please feel free to contact the store for further details.
7) Not all decoration on what is referred to as “window cake” or “pre-made cake” is considered to be basic decoration. Our personnel will be sure to inform the client of the additional cost of that particular design upon the start of the special order.
8) If the client provides a sample of the design or theme wanted for the cake, it will remain in our record files.
9) Elizabeth’s Cakes does not provide any type of toppers, toys, and/or flowers. The client who placed the order provides these items.
10)All things the client will provide to decorate the cake (Dolls, Topper, Figures, Crown, etc.) has to be brought to the store the day after the order is taken.
11)Only Flowers have to be brought to the store (1) day before the pickup date. All orders that require real flowers for Sunday must be brought in on the Friday of that week. It will be not accepted on the same day of the pickup date.
12)Our website www.elizabethscakesplano.com is available to see images of cakes we have made to other clients and to get ideas for an own cake.
13)Cupcake orders: Some flavors have a requirement of a minimum purchase of a dozen (12) cupcakes for that particular flavor. Please ask our personnel for more information as our flavors vary depending on the seasons.
1) “Elizabeth’s Cakes” will not proceed with the client’s order until we collect the client’s deposit. Once we have received the client’s deposit, we will not issue any refunds.
2) In Store Orders: 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve an in store order. The remaining balance is due on the pick-up day of orders. Orders with a sum of $50 or less must be paid in full. No exceptions.
3) By phone Orders: 100% of full payment required.
4) By Email or any other method: Orders via any other format than “In Store” or “By Phone” will not be accepted.
5) Payments can be made by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Diners Club).
6) Special conditions apply to Wedding Cakes, and are explained in a special contract.
- The mission of "Elizabeth’s Cakes” is to offer the service of baking and customizing cakes following the client’s orders.
- The client is solely responsible for the material given to us for printing, painting or sculpting.
- Even if the client has or has not the copyright, must sign a document that exempts "Elizabeth’s Cakes" of any responsibility when using the photographic and material given for customize the ordered cake.
Changes and Cancellation Policies
Consider this before trying to cancel or to change the pickup day:
- Special conditions apply to Wedding Cakes, and are explained in a special contract designated for Wedding Cakes.
- Canceling an order does not only affect the store, but a potential customer whose order we may have had to decline in order to prioritize your cake. At “Elizabeth’s Cakes” all of our cakes are baked to order, and certain items are purchased for each personalized order. After personalization, a cake becomes difficult to sell due to the fact that it may have different fillings, flavors, decoration, etc. that may not be of interest to all customers.
- “Elizabeth’s Cakes” will not proceed with the client’s order until the client’s deposit has been collected. Once the deposit has been received we will not issue any refunds for the deposit.
- We can change the pickup date without a fee with a minimum of one week advance notice.
- If the customer chooses to change the flavor, size, decoration, or the pickup day of an order, it must be done with at least three (3) days in anticipation from the pickup or delivery day. If such specifications are not met, there will be a charge of a third (1/3) of the entire order total.
- All cancellations have a cancellation fee. Refunds will be given In-Store credit with a gift certificate; no cash or credit refunds.
- Cancellation fee specifications:
- Same day cancellation will result in a $5.00 inconvenience fee.
- 7 days before your pickup day – 20% of the entire order.
- 4 to 6 days – 50% fee from the total order
- 3 days or less – No refund will be given. No exceptions. Note: If you place your order within 3 days or less from pickup/delivery date, and you choose to cancel the same day the order was placed, you may fall under the “Same day cancellation” fee. Please feel free to contact the store to see if you qualify for this specification.
- How to cancel an order:
- In person.
- If you cannot make it to the store, communicating with our personnel by phone for further information and specifications.
- The Moment the cake exits the store there are absolutely no returns. Regulations of FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
- Delivery charge is based on distance, day, and hour.
- Non-refundable delivery charge.
- Sundays require both the information stated above, as well as an additional fee of $60-$80.
Promotions, Coupons, Specials and Discount Policies
Any promotion, coupon, specials and discounts include, but are not limited to:
*All promotions must be presented In Store the moment you are placing your order*
*All promotions do not apply to pending balances, orders placed before the promotion was available to the public, or wedding cakes*
- Period of time.
- Amount of money.
- Not combinable.
- One per person.
Consider our Cancellations and Changes Policies before cancelling an already set order. The cancellation fee is always higher than a discount.
Safety Cake Advices
- Please ensure that the pickup of your cake is the last of your trips before arriving to the final destination. (Please do not leave the cake in the car while you shop.)
- Drive with precaution; Avoid pot-holes, sharp turns, and slamming on brakes.
- Ensure that the temperature in the car is as cold and as it can be.
- Be sure you have available a flat area in the car to set the cake in.
- Boxes are only to prevent little objects can be dropped on your cake when you move it. The extra larges cakes does not come in boxes.
- Once home keep the cake refrigerated. If unable to then keep in cool place away from direct sun and must be at least around 60 to 70 degrees. (Summer time takes 10min for your cake to melt and fall apart.)
- Following these easy steps your cake has a 99.9% chance to make it to the event intact.
- Elizabeth’s Cakes is only responsible for the cake until it is your hands. Once the cake leaves our door the cake is your responsibility please follow the tips above to ensure your cake will arrive safely.
- Thank you for choosing Elizabeth’s Cakes we hope you find these tips helpful.
Any other situation not considered in the text above, please get in contact with us to this email email@example.com.
"Personal information," as used in this policy, is information that specifically identifies a person, such as a person's name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal information also includes information about a person's activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Website or our Services, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to personal information that identifies that person.
Personal information does not include "aggregate" or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed. We may use and disclose aggregate information, and other non-personally identifiable information, for various purposes.
Collection of Information
Passive Information Collection
When you visit any of our Websites or use our Services, some information is automatically collected, such as your computer's IP address, browser type, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Website or Service, "referring URL" (i.e., the page from which you navigated to the Website), the pages from which you navigate to and from the Website or Service, and the time you spend on the Website or the Service.
We collect this information passively using technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, and clear GIFs (also known as "Web beacons"). We use passively-collected information to administer, operate, and improve our Websites, our Services, and our other services and systems, and to provide services and content that are tailored to you. If we link or associate any information gathered through passive means with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information under this policy. Otherwise, we use information collected by passive means in non-personally identifiable form only.
Also, please be aware that third parties may set cookies on your hard drive or use other means of passively collecting information about your use of their services or content. We do not have access to, or control over, these third-party means of passive data collection.
Collection of Voluntarily Provided Information
We may offer various ways for you to provide personal information to us voluntarily on our Websites or our Services. For example, we may offer account registration, the ability to create and maintain user profiles, and the ability to post or share photographs, videos, and other content with other users of our Websites and our Services. We also collect personal information when you request information about our services, request help or support, or otherwise communicate with us using contact forms or other methods for contacting us on our Websites or our Services. We may collect personal information such as name, e-mail address, city, state, country, other demographic information, interests and preferences, and personally identifying photographs and videos in these manners.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you, including personal information, from third parties, and may combine this information with other information we maintain about you. If we do so, this policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information to provide services and information that you request; to enhance, improve, operate, and maintain our Websites, our Services, and our other systems and resources; to prevent fraudulent use of our Websites and our Services; to tailor your user experience; to maintain a record of our dealings with you, and for other administrative purposes.
We may also use personal information you provide to contact you regarding our products, services, and offers that we believe you may find of interest. We allow you to opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us as described in the “Choice” section below.
Disclosure of Information
We are not in the business of selling personal information about our users to third parties. We may disclose information about our users, including personal information, to third-party service providers (e.g., data storage and processing providers), that assist us in our work. We limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their work for us.
We may also disclose information about our users, including personal information, if we believe that doing so is legally required or is in our interest to protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights or property of others.
As described below in the "Personal Information Available to Third Parties" section, personal information that you post or transmit to publicly-accessible areas of the Website or our Services, or to third-party services (each, a "Submission") may be available to third parties.
In addition, information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
Personal Information Available to Third Parties
Some features on our Websites may allow you to post or submit personal information that is made available to other users of our Websites and our Services, and to third-party services. If you post or submit information using these features, any personal information that you include with the post or submission will be made available to other users of our Websites and our Services, as well as to any users of third-party services to which the post or submission is directed. Additionally, we may use personal information that you have otherwise provided to us in connection with certain types of content, such as photographs and videos, that you post on the Website or provide to us for possible display on the Website. You include personal information in any posts or submissions using such features at your sole risk. We may allow you to select privacy options that limit access to some types of personal information that you post or submit using such features, but no security measures are impenetrable or perfect. Additionally, even in the event that information posted using such features may be removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information. We cannot warrant or guarantee that any personal information that you provide on and in connection with any such features will not be accessed, viewed, or used by unauthorized persons.
If you receive marketing or promotional communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the message that we send. You may also opt-out from receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by sending us an email or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
Additionally, if you do not wish to be notified by email, postal mail, telephone, or text messages regarding products, services, events, programs, and offers that we believe you may find of interest, you may opt-out from such communications by sending us an email or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. Even if you opt-out from marketing and promotional communications, you may still receive messages regarding any accounts you maintain with us, and regarding important updates to our Website or our Services.
For your convenience, our Websites and our Services may contain links to other Web sites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. If you choose to visit or use any third-party products or services, please be aware that this policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using third-party products or services or otherwise interacting with third parties.
Children's safety is important to us, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active interest in the online activities of their children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
Our Websites are hosted in the United States and are generally intended for United States visitors. If you visit from other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please be aware that you are transferring personal information to the United States. The United States does not have the same data protection laws as some other regions. By providing personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of it to the United States and the use of it in accordance with this policy.
We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information or other information. You transmit personal information to us at your own risk.
Updates to this Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the policy. Your continued use of this Website after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. If we make a change to this policy that would result in a material change with respect to our use or disclosure of personal information that we collected prior to the effective date of the change, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and to obtain your consent to the changed practices applicable to such previously-collected information. We encourage you to periodically review this policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information.
Bokanova Cafe & Bakery
Attention: Legal Department
2108 N Dallas PKWY, STE 216C
PLANO, TX 75093.